Bristol-Myers Squibb – LOC Conference Room
Job # 1968
An evacuation will be ordered for life threatening emergencies (collapse, explosion, fire). Person/persons discovering emergency shall take the following actions:
- Immediately dial BMS Security at x3333 or (978)784-6300
- Contact Consigli Project Manager: Mike Byron (774)217-8287
- Consigli Superintendent: Jim Varca (774)278-4654
Evacuation order shall be:
- Alerting all workers by the sounding of three long blasts of an air horn or sounding the building alarm.
- Workers must stop and secure all work and machinery, including all hoisted materials, and evacuate the building immediately by use of the nearest exit.
- Critical operations shutdown procedures (unless listed above) are not required, because no employees are authorized to delay evacuation for this purpose.
- Portable fire extinguishers are provided if fire is in incipient/budding phase only.
- Consigli Supervisor Mike Byron and any other trained individual on site, is responsible for performing first aid on any injured person once outside evacuated area.
- After an emergency evacuation, employees are directed to gather at the Muster Point location by the Consigli Field Office in the Motor pool Area (See below) – Or the closest BMS Muster Area.
- Consigli Supervisor Mike Byron, or a CCC designee, will be responsible for accounting for all CCC employees on site.
- Consigli Supervisor Mike Byron, or the CCC designee, will be responsible for knowing what subcontractors are on site at all times.
- A representative from each subcontractor will be responsible for accounting for their employees and notifying Mike Byron or the CCC representative. For further assistance with emergency evacuation procedures, you may contact Safety Director Dan Della-Giustina at (508)686-6008.
Back– End of Evacuation Plan and Muster Point