WCSU Berkshire Hall
Job # 2014
An evacuation will be ordered for life threatening emergencies (collapse, explosion, fire). Person/persons discovering emergency shall take the following actions:
- Immediately dial 911 or WCSU Police (911 from any Campus Phone).
- Contact Consigli Project Superintendent: Justin Kirschner (860)310-7063
Evacuation order shall be:
- Alerting all workers by the sounding of three long blasts of an air horn or sounding the building alarm.
- Workers must stop and secure all work and machinery, including all hoisted materials, and evacuate the building immediately by use of the nearest exit.
- Critical operations shutdown procedures (unless listed above) are not required, because no employees are authorized to delay evacuation for this purpose.
- Portable fire extinguishers are provided if fire is in incipient/budding phase only.
- Consigli Supervisor Justin Kirschner and any other trained individual on site, is responsible for performing first aid on any injured person once outside evacuated area.
- After an emergency evacuation, employees are directed to evacuate the site to the Muster Point located outside Gate B along Dr. James Roach Ave. (see below)
- Consigli Supervisor Justin Kirschner, or a CCC designee, will be responsible for accounting for all CCC employees on site.
- Consigli Supervisor Justin Kirschner, or the CCC designee, will be responsible for knowing what subcontractors are on site at all times.
- A representative from each subcontractor will be responsible for accounting for their employees and notifying Justin Kirschner or the CCC representative. For further assistance with emergency evacuation procedures, you may contact Safety Director Bryan Kingsbury at (508)808-9359.
Back– End of Evacuation Plan and Muster Point