Evacuation and Muster Plan
BIDMC LMOB Lobby #2034
An evacuation will be ordered for life threatening emergencies (collapse, explosion, fire). Person/persons discovering emergency shall take the following actions:
- Immediately dial 911 The address for the project
- Contact Consigli Superintendent: Tim Backlin (508)922-6019
Evacuation order shall be:
- Alerting all workers by the sounding of three long blasts of an air horn or building alarm.
- Workers must stop and secure all work and machinery, including all hoisted materials, and evacuate the building immediately by use of the nearest exit.
- Critical operations shutdown procedures (unless listed above) are not required, because no employees are authorized to delay evacuation for this purpose.
- BIDMC security will notify Backlin or CCC designee of incoming Med flight/ambulance/emergency so any potential obstructions can be lowered/removed.
- Portable fire extinguishers are provided if fire is in incipient/budding phase only.
- Superintendent, Tim Backlin and any other trained individual on site, is responsible for performing first aid on any injured person once outside evacuated area.
- After an emergency evacuation, employees are directed to gather in front of the connex box located in front of and to the left of the main entrance to the Lowry Building.
- Tim Backlin, or a CCC designee, will be responsible for accounting for all CCC employees on site.
- Superintendent Tim Backlin , or the CCC designee, will be responsible for knowing which subcontractors are on site at all times. A representative from each subcontractor will be responsible for accounting for their employees and notifying Tim Backlin or the CCC representative.
- For further assistance with emergency evacuation procedures, you may contact Safety Director Dan Della-Giustina at (508)686-6008.
Back– End of Evacuation and Muster Plan