WPI New Academic Building Project 2075
An evacuation will be ordered for life threatening emergencies (collapse, explosion, fire, bomb threat). Person/persons discovering emergency shall take the following actions:
- Immediately dial WPI EMERGENCY (508)831-5555
- Contact Consigli Project Superintendent: Thomas Duszlak (774)573-3705 or Consigli General Superintendent: Steve O’Toole (617)293-6007
Evacuation order shall be:
- Alerting all workers by the sounding of three long blasts of an air horn. Air horns are located in the Consigli Field Office Trailer(Command Post) by exit door.
- Workers must stop and secure all work and machinery, including all hoisted materials and evacuate and proceed to the Muster Point, located outside of Gate B.
- Critical Operations shutdown procedures (unless listed above) are not required, because no employees are authorized to delay evacuation for this purpose.
- Portable fire extinguishers are provided if fire is an incipient/budding phase only.
- CC Superintendents, or the CCC designee will be responsible for knowing what subcontractors are on site at all times. A representative from each subcontractor will be responsible for accounting for their employees and report to CC Superintendent or the CCC representative at the Muster Point their count.
- Superintendents/Safety Manager will call (Command Post) Justin Billings to relay findings. (Command Post) Justin Billings will call (Gate A) Samir Chenaif and (Gate B) Caroline Meyer.
- See Emergency Communication Plan for other contacts that need to be notified.
- Back up persons shall maintain gate coverage by closing gates and only allow emergency response vehicles through. A media corral if necessary will be established at Gate A.
Back– End of Evacuation Plan and Muster Point