Boston College – Higgins Hall
140 Commonwealth Ave. Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
An evacuation will be ordered for life threatening emergencies (collapse, explosion, fire). Person/persons discovering emergency shall take the following actions:
- Immediately dial 911
- Contact Consigli Manager: Mark Suscovich (774)278-4109 or Superintendent Mark Placek (508)686-0537
Evacuation order shall be signaled by:
- Alerting all workers by the sounding of the building alarm OR 3 blasts of an airhorn.
- When the fire alarm sounds, you must promptly evacuate the facility via the nearest safe exit route and head towards your assigned Muster Point Location (on the quad in front of Higgins Hall)
- Portable fire extinguishers are provided if fire is in incipient/budding phase only.
- Project Superintendent, and any other trained individual on site, is responsible for performing first aid on any injured person once outside evacuated area.
- Always report to the designated Muster Point (regardless of where you are in the building at the time the alarm is activated):
- Project Superintendent, or a CCC designee, will be responsible for accounting for all CCC employees on site.
- Project Superintendent, or the CCC designee, will be responsible for knowing what subcontractors are on site at all times.
- A representative from each subcontractor will be responsible for accounting for their employees and notifying the CCC representative.
- For further assistance with emergency evacuation procedures, you may contact Safety Director Dan Della-Giustina at (508)686-6008.
Back– End of Evacuation Plan and Muster Point