TMC Shields MRI Replacement Project # 2686
An evacuation will be ordered for life threatening emergencies (collapse, explosion, fire). Person/persons discovering emergency shall take the following actions:
- Immediately dial 911 The address for the project is – 800 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111
- Contact Consigli Superintendent: Tim Backlin (508)922-6019
Evacuation order shall be:
- Alerting all workers by the sounding of three long blasts of an air horn or building alarm.
- Workers must stop and secure all work and machinery, including all hoisted materials, and evacuate the building immediately by use of the nearest exit.
- Critical operations shutdown procedures (unless listed above) are not required, because no employees are authorized to delay evacuation for this purpose.
- Tufts Facilities will notify Tim Backlin or CCC designee of incoming Med flight so any potential obstructions can be lowered to the ground.
- Portable fire extinguishers are provided if fire is in incipient/budding phase only.
- Superintendent, Tim Backlin, and any other trained individual on site, is responsible for performing first aid on any injured person once outside evacuated area.
- After an emergency evacuation, employees are directed to the gather on sidewalk next to the parking garage entrance.
- Dan Alden, or a CCC designee, will be responsible for accounting for all CCC employees on site.
- Superintendent Tim Backlin, or the CCC designee, will be responsible for knowing which subcontractors are on site at all times. A representative from each subcontractor will be responsible for accounting for their employees and notifying Tim Backlin or the CCC representative.
- For further assistance with emergency evacuation procedures, you may contact Safety Director Dan Della-Giustina at (508)686-6008.
Back– End of Evacuation Plan and Muster Point