KSQ2 4th and 5th floor renovations, Cambridge MA
Project # 2772
An evacuation will be ordered for life threatening emergencies (collapse, explosion, fire). Person/persons discovering emergency shall take the following actions:
- Immediately dial 911
- Contact Consigli Superintendent TBD PHONE NUMBER
Evacuation order shall be:
- Alerting all workers by the sounding of three long blasts of an air horn. Air horn shall be used only in the work space, to alert workers of emergency which may not have triggered the building’s central alarm system.
- The Building’s central alarm system has an audible, and a visual alert system which will trigger in the event of an emergency outside of the work space, and will clear only impacted floors.
- Workers must stop and secure all work and machinery, including all hoisted materials, and evacuate the building immediately by use of the nearest exit.
- Critical operations shutdown procedures (unless listed above) are not required, because no employees are authorized to delay evacuation for this purpose.
- Portable fire extinguishers are provided if fire is in incipient/budding phase only.
- The superintendent and any other trained individual on site, are responsible for performing first aid on any injured person once outside evacuated area.
After an emergency evacuation, employees are directed to gather in the courtyard behind the loading dock at KSQ1
- The superintendent or a CCC designee, will be responsible for accounting for all CCC employees on site.
- The superintendent or the CCC designee, will be responsible for knowing what subcontractors are on site at all times. A representative from each subcontractor will be responsible for accounting for their employees and notifying the CCC representative. For further assistance with emergency evacuation procedures, you may contact Safety Director Bryan Kingsbury at (508)808-9359.
Back– End of Evacuation Plan and Muster Point