Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute – David Center Level 2 Fitout
An evacuation will be ordered for life threatening emergencies (collapse, explosion, fire). Person/persons discovering emergency shall take the following actions:
- Immediately dial (508)289-2911 or 2911 from WHOI phone.
- Contact Consigli Superintendent Eric Barbosa: (508)930-0069
Evacuation order shall be signaled by:
- Alerting all workers by the sounding of posted air horn (3 blasts.)
- When the alarm sounds, you must promptly evacuate the building via the nearest safe exit route and head towards the assigned muster point location at the contractor parking lot to the east of the building site (see below)
- Portable fire extinguishers are provided if fire is in incipient/budding phase only.
- Project Superintendent, Eric Barbosa, and any other trained individual on site, is responsible for performing first aid on any injured person once outside evacuated area.
- Project Superintendent Eric Barbosa, or a CCC designee, will be responsible for accounting for all CCC employees on site.
- Project Superintendent Eric Barbosa, or the CCC designee, will be responsible for knowing what subcontractors are on site at all times.
- A representative from each subcontractor will be responsible for accounting for their employees and notifying Eric Barbosa or the CCC representative. For further assistance with emergency evacuation procedures, you may contact Safety Director Bryan Kingsbury at (508)808-9359.
Back– End of Evacuation Plan and Muster Point